2008-03-04

Separation Blues- The Final Episode

Three days to go before I walk my last walk out of office gates. Preparing farewell mailing-lists and customising the message for each list is keeping me busy on top of new commitments (believe it! I am sucker for it) at workplace. Meanwhile, getting greetings and goodbyes in return is reminding me that my days here are numbered, literally, "3-2-1".

A colleague who will be joining me at Ahmedabad pinged me to ask how it feels to be so close to the last day. I remarked that the thought is just about setting in and that I do not know how it would feel to wake up this Monday and realise that there is no office to go to.

True, that would be a new feeling. The only time I changed jobs, I worked till the Saturday and joined the current place on the immediate Monday. Sunday had gone in preparing for Monday. Never got time to think that the ship had left the shores in search of new ones, because the new shore was round the bend. This time, the ship is leaving shores seeking new oceans. The ship will not harbour for a long time. What will keep the ship going on is the truth behind-"Good timber does not come with ease. The stronger the wind, the stronger the trees. -Williard Marriot".

With such thoughts of optimism and with some realism drilled in by the brewing global economic situation (sorry for swinging from romanticism to pragmatism in the same breath!), I am counting down from 3. Next three days will be a series of review meetings, courtsey coffees, lunch, sign-offs, return-lunch and final sign-off. It will all go past in a whizz. In the midst of all this, I am planning a photoshoot of the campus around dusk. Let's see how that turns out.

1 comment:

Sunil Puri said...

Hey, how did the last day go? Trust me most of us are going through that pain and agony! I hope we will have a good time in Ahmedabad. See ya there...